Translate

Monday, July 09, 2012


In Hindsight

Beyond the endless chatter,
Beyond what seems to matter,
Much further than the here and now
And what should be,
And what simply is not,
There’s a stillness that comes over me, slowing me,
Pausing every “what if”, halting every thought.
Every thought that swirls around,
A collision of the older ones colliding with the illumination of newer thoughts
And the outcomes are brought to light with this new vision of hindsight.
Yet, what does that change?
 If I lose a nickel in the day, how can I find it in the night?
I might crawl on hands and knees, eyes opened wide,
Never seeing the coin in the dark of the night.
Then, the very next day, with the sun shining bright,
I might look in the same place and not be so surprised
To find that same nickel, illuminated,
Reflecting the glow of the sun’s brilliant light.
Oh, but I consider it a joy, in hindsight,
to reflect upon what has brought me here today.
Every struggle, every path, even the ones that led astray,
Have shown me that I must not trust in my own intended plan.
Oh, sweet hindsight, what a teacher you can be!
But, foresight, perfect foresight of God quells the thoughts of any man.

AEJ
7/8/2012
11:38 pm 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, Amanda, you have thrilled me yet again with your brilliant gift! Just like to tell you that I am in awe of your talent and your God-loving spirit...